Monday, June 28, 2010

My First Marriage Proposal

In lieu of today's events and the G20 I totally forgot that I received my first marriage proposal (other than from some guy when I was 3) yesterday.

When I was out for a run yesterday morning a group of cyclists approached me while I was trying to fix the dam hydration belt and they started talking to me

Guy 1: Look there's a hot chick
Guy 2 catcalls
Guy 3: You're the ideal perfect woman for me. I love you. You're so beautiful and just perfect for me. Marry me? Please marry me, you're the ideal woman for me.

Me: Wtf? (what else am I supposed to say? I was sweaty and gross)

I was just standing there in shock and didn't know what to say

what a romantic first marriage proposal

Tonight's run was amazing. I plugged in my ipod b/c I wanted to take it slow since I have a long run tomorrow and didn't set my watch b/c once again, I wanted to go slow. I just ran, it was amazing, I felt so weightless and I totally hit the runner's high. WIth about 3.5k to go I saw my dad taking his evening stroll - I was going to run up to him and smack his ass but he heard me and turned around. He tried to smack me instead....It was such a great run tonight. Weightless and just hitting the runner's high. It's runs like these that remind me why I strive to get up early in the mornings and I run through rain, snow, hail, and thunderstorms. Running is truly the love of my life.

I did manage to deafen everyone that lives on my 11k route - my singing is horrible. SORRY. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment