Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Regret

I did a time trial for 3000 today and it did not go well - the first time trial was at school and I stopped after 3.5 laps b/c felt like throwing up - eating a panzerotti before running on a geese poop infested track = desire to barf. Around 5-6 I head over to BCSS for a trial (the track where I'm racing at tomorrow) and 3000 ended up being a 12:22 - this is horrible. The worst case scenario was to be a 11:50 - granted I wasn't going full out not to mention there were little kids running on lane 1 when I was doing my trial but a 12:22 is horrible. I have done road races where my 3k split is under 12:22 - I don't understand why I'm getting such a high time.

In a way I think it's b/c I never went to practice and I skipped a full week of running hard when the math exams hit. I really regret not going to more practices now - if I had gone to practices I would have literally a set ticket to OFSSA but at the rate I'm going I don't think I'll even make it to Centrals - there goes the MVP award and one of the last chances to impress schools.

While I can blame myself for not stepping up to training for the last 2 weeks I don't think there is much I could have done b/c I was still recovering from the virus, the knee, the longer distance races and the math exams are just more important than training. I'm just so disappointed right now b/c I really want to make OFSAA this year and it looks like there's no way I'm going to make it for track now.

My hip is aching right now, I don't think I'm going to race well tomorrow - I can't even really find a set pace I need per lap - I'm just going to have to sick to the other runners and see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment