Thursday, April 8, 2010

4 languages - I am Canadian

I am Canadian
Je suis canadienne
Io sono canadese
我是加拿大人

During our fb war last night one of my guy friends, J, told me how proud of me he was that I chose to use CSIS instead of some generic agency name for a comment that I made, this sparked me to think about how proud I am to be Canadian. I love how my country is so multicultural - as a Canadian born Chinese I am happy to say I can read/write/speak in 4 languages. Well that's kind of a lie, since the only one that I'm fully fluent in is English. But, I can read, write, and speak relatively well in French. I can read/write/understand Italian to some extent - I take Italian classes (at the expense of the provincal government, the only Asian in that class!). I can also understand, speak, listen to Cantonese very well - the reading and writing is a bit of a challenge but I know enough to get by if I need to order at a restaurant.

I am Canadian
Je suis canadienne
Io sono canadese
我是加拿大人

&
I love Canada
J'adore Canada
Io amo Canada
我愛加拿大

No comments:

Post a Comment