Sunday, January 31, 2010

What you wear when shopping matters

I got a new pair of saucony today! A sweet pair of ProGrid Guides, I forgot to ask how heavy they were but they were pretty light compared to the TR3s I have right now, going to be great running on road with them. But my point is, what you wear when shopping really affects the service you get, I was at another mall yesterday and the guys at the same chain treated me like crap. I was wearing sweats, minimal makeup (only eyeliner), with my hair down and just crazy b/c I hadn't had time to do anything when I was rushing to get to Italian earlier that morning, the guys at the store ignored me but all rushed to help this pretty girl with big boobs. Honestly, I find it hilarious and I know if the CEO of this rather large sporting group in Canada were to find out, hell would arise, b/c honestly, I probably spend more money at this chain and their counterparts than that girl a year, she'll buy maybe 1 or 2 pairs of sporting shoes a year from this chain while I need a new pair every 3 or 4 months = at least 4 pairs a year. ***I have different shoes for different terrain (dry road, wet road, icy road &etc), different shoes for racing (roadracing & spikes for XC & track). Anyways, when I noticed this yesterday I decided to do an experiment today when I went to buy the shoes I had put onhold, at another mall, I actually had on a sweater that didn't totally crash with my sweats, put up my hair in a ponyhair, and some makeup on, wow, the service I had today was great. The guys didn't yell at me for the rather more intense than normal shoe testings I tend to like to do, it really was great service. Note to self, always look good when you shop when you want great service.

***
I'm still laughing at how the woman at footlocker was trying to tell me about shoes, thanks for the tips but I honestly think I know my running shoes
***
Took my 2nd day off of running straight, left hip is a bit tight - start half training tomorrow
***
Taking inventory of my runnings shoes, I'm still dizzy from trying to count

No comments:

Post a Comment